Tuesday, March 25, 2014

m a r s h m a l l o w

Wow. I am just now starting to fall in love with marshmallows.
Tbh I really dislike marshmallows uncooked. They're weirdly textured and just blah sweet blah. Idk how to explain.
But broiled--omg it's BETTER than fire-roasting because, well, it's easier to control, and tastes INCREDIBLE.

Today I made a berry crumble. I used raspberries and strawberries, some maple syrup and chia seeds to help thicken it a bit (added a bit of kuzu but I think it did nothing). For the topping I mixed some gf flour with oats, some coconut sugar, a pinch of salt, vegan butter, and a touch of maple syrup. I baked it in a preheated oven for 20-ish minutes and then added a large handful of mini-marshmallows and set oven to broil for about 60 seconds. OMG HEAVEN.

Tbh it was even a bit sweet. Next time I will use less maple syrup.

But SO EASY. SO DELICIOUS. And relatively healthy too! :-)

Sorry no picture. It was that good. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment