Why are brussels sprouts always targeted as the "icky vegetable" on kids cartoons? Shouldn't cartoons be PROMOTING veggie-eating?! So many people don't try brussels sprouts because they think they're supposed to be gross. What a travesty!
As you can tell, I'm a HUGE fan of brussels sprouts. They're super versatile & can be cooked in so many different ways…steamed, sautéed, fried…and baked. Which is what I did today. Best part is, they are AMAZINGLY EASY to cook.
OMG YUM. Seriously.
All you need is…
a couple of cups of brussels sprouts,
about a tablespoon of coconut oil,
and a pinch of salt.
1. Preheat the oven to around 380 F
2. Wash brussels and put in a big bowl
3. Coat evenly with about 1 Tb of coconut oil (I used my hands--doubles as all natural moisturizer! LOL)
4. Add a pinch of salt and a drizzle of maple syrup
5. Mix well, making sure all brussels sprouts are coated with a little maple syrup
6. Scoop the sprouts onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper (don't add the liquid leftovers in the bowl--it'll only burn!) and place in oven
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy on the outside and soft when pressed with a spoon
Seriously these taste AMAZING. They're so healthy and so easy to make…so go go go! :D